I read through the response in October from bluezehn regarding this
subject but couldn't quite make sense of it. Here's the deal. I've set
an image to draggable and set revert equal to the result of a
function. If the function returns true, the image snaps back,
otherwise it doesn't. This works with no problem. However, in reality
I would like the function to make an ajax call and return true or
false depending on the results of that ajax call. Bottom line, I've
created an ajax chess game and right now you have to click where the
piece is and click where you want it to go. It works, but I'd prefer
drag and drop functionality.

I understand the asynchronous nature of javascript, but how do I have
an ajax call actually return a value to another calling function?