Hi

I wonder how to save the results of an AjaxRequest, made on an URL
calling a server-side php script, answering a JSON result.

I build an Object name AjaxCall, which holds 2 variables, the script
name and the answer

The AjaxCall object has a function name execCall with three
callbacks : onSucces, OnFailure, OnException. The call is done using
POST, in asynchronous mode.

Up to that point, I instanciate an AjaxCall object with the PHP script
to call, and just added an alert in the onSuccess callback to be sure
all is fine. The call to the PHP script is done, and answers the
rights results that is pure JSON. The answer is the following (taken
from the firebug console>response tab)

{"letters":["P","Z","1","#"],"p":["..\/sample\/p\/prise-en-
passant.xml"],"z":["..\/sample\/z\/zeitnot
.xml","..\/sample\/z\/zugwang.xml"],"1":["..\/sample\/1\/1.xml"],"#":
["..\/sample\/#\/#.xml"]}

Here is my issue :
a. if I copy the transport.responseText (that hold this response) to
the AjaxCall answer variable, it seems that the copy is not working
b. if I update an HTML element content of my web page with the
transport.responseText content, I get the right result

My question is how to succeed in the first case? Is it possible? If
yes, what is the code to use to really copy the value.

PS: I know that I could use automated JSON evaluation done by
Prototype but this is not the point here.