On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 22:47:24 +0100
Sébastien Gruhier <sgruh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You have to bind event handler to 'this'
>

>      document.observe('mousemove',
> this.storeMousePosition.bind(this));
> $('testDiv').observe('mouseover', this.checkAndTell.bind(this));
>

> Seb

This worked thanks :)

But now i've got a question. The documentation pdf says about the
observe method of the Event class, that "Starting in Prototype 1.6,
Event handlers registered with observe are automatically bound to the
event’s target element in all browsers. This means that by default,
this in an event handler refers to the element that fired the event."

I'm using prototype 1.6.0.3, so if i'm not wrong, the call to
handler.bind(this) shouldn't be needed. Since it does not work
without that call, i'm obviously wrong. So: what the docs mean?

Stefano