Here's a local example that works in Firefox.

http://pastie.org/379612

Save those three files somewhere and try it out.

Here's an example that works with a server call (not tested):

http://pastie.org/379637

I don't believe this will work in IE, you can't update the inner bits
of a select and have it work like a form element afterward. For that,
you will need to use the

        new Option(text,value)

syntax inside a loop.

Walter