Hi,

I am testing the latest IE8 version and found an error in prototype.

Creating an element with new Element and assigning inline a class, it
is not working.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/
TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">
<head>
        <title>Test</title>
                .red {
                        background: red;
                }
                .green {
                        background: green;
        <script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/prototype/1.6.0.3/
prototype.js"></script>
        <script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/scriptaculous/1.8.2/
scriptaculous.js"></script>
        <script>
                //<![CDATA[
                document.observe("dom:loaded", function() {
                        var red = new Element('div', {
                                'id' : 'red'
                        }).update('red').addClassName('red');
                        $$('body')[0].insert(red);

                        var green = new Element('div', {
                                'id' : 'green',
                                'class' : 'green'
                        }).update('green');
                        $$('body')[0].insert(green);
                });

                //]]>
        </script>
</head>

There should be two lines a red and a green one. The green class is
not taken. Checking the html output with the IE8 dev tool it gets me:

Can someone confirm this?