Hector Virgen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am writing a plugin that takes a text input (<input type="text"/>) and
> hides it using $(input).hide(). The plugin then uses other controls to
> update the value of the text input.
>
> I am using Element.writeAttribute() to update the value, but it does not
> seem to work when the input is hidden. However, using the old-fashioned
> value property to update it seems to work. Is there a reason why
> writeAttribute does not work with hidden elements, or should I be using
> a different method?

I haven't checked any reference for this, but my from my experience,
the method Element#setAttribute('value','someValue'), used internally
by Element#writeAttribute method DOES NOT UPDATE the value at all.

Instead it sets the ATTRIBUTE to the value provided. When user clicks
"Reset" button, then the attribute value is re-read and put into
Element.value property.

I use this to check if the form was modified since last save. Each
time I save the form with Ajax.Request, I also copy all
Element.value's to proper attributes. And before next save request, I
check if the values had changed, only then I submit the form.

Anyway, what I want to tell, is that the element property, and element
attribute are not always the same.

Regards,
SWilk