Hi vanq69,

one simple method to do this is to force the global size of the ul
element of the list to a fixed dimension, but in that case, for small
list, the element still extend to its defined dimension.

Another (preferred way) could be to have a callback on the creation of
the list to test dimensions and apply preferred dimensions if it's too
big.
the callback could be set on the sortable creation.

The main problem with general question like the one you ask is that
you could have numerous way to do that, but depending to your code,
context or design, some restriction could appear.
As for your previous question, just post the global HTML page, and try
doing it, if you can'ty do what you want, then post the problem, it's
definitelly easier to modify exting code ... and if you're wrong in
doing something, it's easier for us to point the problem.

--
david