Hi.

I'm currently using an iframe to act as a report downloader.

The user enters some criteria which is generated dynamically as they
change options. They then click a document button (PDF, XLS, DOC) and
this is sent to the server for validation. The result is a key for the
Crystal Reports. The JS code generates an iframe and passes the key as
part of the URL. As the key is a hash, and has to be part of the
user's session, security is quite high. Guessing keys is useless
unless there is corresponding data already submitted for the key.

On screen, I dim the form for ajax requests and fade in a spinner.

So far so good.

My problem is that once I've created the iframe I've no way of knowing
about the state of the iframe - has it loaded and presented the user
with the appropriate download box.

Are there any events I can observe with regard to an iframe (ie7, FF,
Chrome - intranet only and so can be limited in support).

I suppose as a side question, how do I find what events are observable
for any element? Is there a way? Or is it just a case of RTF HTML/JS M

Regards,

Richard Quadling.

--
-----