2009/3/2 kangax <kan...@gmail.com>:

> On Mar 2, 9:58 am, Richard Quadling <rquadl...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> This might be one of the those odd situations where there is no
>> answer, but I have a hash coming from PHP via JSONP to JS/Prototype.
>>
>> In IE and FF, the ordering is maintained.
>>
>> In Chrome the order is not maintained.
>>
>> The key part is numeric and is NOT in order. The value is sorted
>> alphabetically.
>>
>> I suppose I could reverse the key/value pairing and work that way, but
>> as the dox say, order is not guaranteed.
>>
>> Alternatively, as the data is going to be used for a <select> tag, can
>> I sort the <option>s by value?
>
> Look into `sortBy`:
>
> $H({ a: 20, b: 1, c: 10 }).sortBy(function(pair){
>  return pair.value;
>  // or `return pair.key` (to sort by key)
> });
>
> [...]
>
> --
> kangax

Argh!!! Thank you Kangax.

I think this would be a great case for cross linking in the documentation.

Hash can be thought of as an associative array, binding unique keys to
values (which are not necessarily unique), though it can not guarantee
consistent order its elements when iterating, "but sortBy() can
alleviate this issue."

Is there a way I can commit changes to the documentation?

--
-----
Richard Quadling