Hello,

We are building a RESTful web client client in JS to use with our new
web API. We would like to use http basic auth but it seems that
Prototype does not support this out of the box. The strange thing is,
this bug was raised 2 years ago in Trac, and was labeled FIXED.

http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/4192

The code that was checked in looks great and would solve our problem
completely. Unfortunately, that code does not exist in 1.6.0.3, and
didn't even make it to 1.5.

Does anyone know why this patch didn't make it?

My colleague submitted this issue in lighthouse with a patch:
http://prototype.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8886-prototype/tickets/585-support-http-basic-authentication-in-ajax

Any suggestions welcome.

-adevadeh