I'm not so good at javasript but yet I started to work on a project
which have massive untidy pages. Extjs is being used in all pages.
almost %99 percent is the only Ext.Ajax.request()
I want to remove extjs from header and only include in thoose really
using it (not more than a few). (And slowly recode all pages in
prototype)
But the problem is there are too many simple Ext.Ajax.request() calls
in hundereds of pages. It's nearly impossible to go and change the
codes one-by-one.
Instead I want to write a function that takes the parameters and uses
prototype to do the job; and include in global header right after
prototype.js.
Another words there will be an Ext.Ajax.request() but it won't be Ext.
The idea is ok. But I coul'nt make it working. As I said I'm not good
at JS
All the request are as:
//--------------------------------------------------------
function something(params){
        some_functions();
        //...
        Ext.Ajax.request({
                url: '/something.php='+something,
                success: function(result, request) {
                        somefunctions(params);
                },
                failure: function(result, request) {
                        Ext.MessageBox.alert('Error',result.responseText);
                        return false;
                },
                timeout: (30*1000)
        });