I am having trouble updating the third select field after the user has
selected an option in the second dropdown.

As you can see form the code the second select element is completely
rebuild with the ajax updater so I figure I need to observe the second
select field again after it has been reloaded. The other option I am
going for is to change my code so that I update the options of the
select field with JSON this way it is not reloaded.

I would apreciate any suggestions, thank you.

<select class="list" id="kindoffabric" name="kindoffabric">
<option selected="selected" value=""></option>
<option value="DENIM">DENIM</option>
<option value="KNIT">KNIT</option>
<option value="LEATHERS">LEATHERS</option>
<option value="SWEATERS">SWEATERS</option>
<option value="WOVEN">WOVEN</option>
</select>
<script type="text/javascript">
function fillsubkindoffabric(event) {
       new Ajax.Updater(       'selectsubkindoffabric',
                               '/app/lib/list/
subkindoffabriclist.html',
                                { method: 'post',
                                 parameters:{   kindoffabricid: $
("kindoffabric").value
        );
}
Event.observe(window, 'load', function() {
Event.observe('kindoffabric','change',
fillsubkindoffabric.bindAsEventListener(this));
});
</script>

id="subkindoffabric" name="subkindoffabric">
<option value="">[ Select Kind of Fabric first ]</option>
</select>

name="fabricid">
<option value="">[Select a Knit/Weave]</option>
</select>

<script type="text/javascript">
function fillfabricidlist(event) {
       new Ajax.Updater(       'selectfabricid',
                               '/app/fabric/fabricidlist.html',
                                { method: 'post',
                                 parameters:{   kindoffabric: $
("kindoffabric").value,
                                                subkindoffabric:
$("subkindoffabric").value
        );
}
Event.observe(window, 'load', function() {
Event.observe('subkindoffabric','change',
fillfabricidlist.bindAsEventListener(this));
});
</script>