Dear Walter ,

I am also facing the same problem. Ajax Periodical updater stop()
function is not working properly.....but it is very
incosistent..certain number of times it works fine..but most of the
times it does not work.,...

could u please explain

 liveStream = undefined;

???

about the above defining of variable as undefined.

@flughund

Now after changing  u r code as said by Walter...is that Periodical
updater getting stopped..??
i mean stop(); function woking properly...

I feel there is some bug related to stop(); function in periodical
updater........

Regards
s.pradeepkumar