Hi,

I am trying to add a hidden form element.

        if($('subsidiary')==undefined)
        {
            var subsidiary = new Element('subsidiary',
                { 'type': 'hidden','value': 'test','name': 'test'} );

            alert(\$F('subsidiary')+'testafa');
        }

When I run that code .. I get 'element is null' in firebug.

I have dug and dug on google .. (my assumption is that this must have been
written about many times but I have not had any luck finding a  working
example).

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Jimmy