I'm using prototype 1.6+ and I can't figure this out.

There is event handler registered through the onclick HTML property.

<input... id="myinput" onClick='some javascript statements + function
calls here...'>

And later, I'm adding another event handler to it with $
('myinput').observe('submit', foofunc);
It so happens that the handler i've added through observe is always
getting called first (I'm not 100% of this BTW. Is this true that
handlers added later will always execute first?) So far so good.

But based on logic I have in foofunc, I need to stop the propagation
from exucuting javascript code registered through onClick property but
I can't do this.
Calling event.stop() won't help either.
I'd love any suggestions on this. Thanks.