Hi,

Ajax.Updater's evalScripts option does work, so there must be
something specific about what you're doing.  Can you produce a
*minimalist* but *complete* example and post it to Pastie[1]?  I'm
sure it's some small thing.  You might also want to use Firebug[2] or
similar to check the actual content of the response.

[1] http://pastie.org
[2] http://getfirebug.com

HTH,