2009/3/27 T.J. Crowder <t...@crowdersoftware.com>:

> [...]
> arguably, two bugs) in the unit testing stuff; I've mentioned it to
> Tobie but haven't had time to find out what project it's in (I think
> it's unittest_js, which is one of the submodules) and raise a formal
> ticket or two.  The problem is that it's looking in the wrong place
> for Chrome, not finding it, and apparently going off into never-never
> land.  You can fix it by doing this in your command window just before
> rake test:
>
>    set UserPath=%UserProfile%
>
> Alternately you can edit line #6 in vendor/unittest_js/lib/unittest_js/
> browsers/chrome.rb
>
>  ENV['UserPath'] || "C:/Documents and Settings/Administrator",
>
> to read
>
>  ENV['UserPath'] || ENV['UserProfile'] || "C:/Documents and Settings/
> Administrator",
>
> Here are some further notes from what testing I've done so far (which
> is quite limited):
>
> 1. You will also probably want to use the BROWSERS option of rake
> test, which lets you decide which browsers to run the tests in:  The
> options I've found so far are chrome, ie, firefox, opera, and safari
> (which probably covers it, for now).  It's a comma-delimited list.  So
> for instance, this runs the tests in Firefox only:
>
>    rake test BROWSERS=firefox
>
> or perhaps you want to test chrome and IE:
>
>    rake test BROWSERS=chrome,ie
>
> 2. Always have the browser you want to test running before you run
> rake test.  It's *supposed* to launch the browser, but I've had a lot
> of trouble with that under Windows.
>
> 3. When testing Opera, Rake test will display a "major pain under
> windows" message saying that you have to close the Opera window after
> each unit test.  I find that if I have Opera running before I start
> the test, I don't _usually_ have to do that.  I have had to sometimes,
> but not often.
>
> HTH,
> --
> T.J. Crowder
> tj / crowder software / com
> Independent Software Engineer, consulting services available
>

> On Mar 26, 6:14 pm, Luca Diracca <dirl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I started this topic in lighthouse and moved here under suggestion of
>> Tobie.
>>
>> I'm pretty sure I'm overviewing something embarassingly obvious but
>> I'm trying to modify some code and, to do it properly, I'm trying to
>> download the entire unit test suit through git.
>>
>> git clone, git submodule init, git submodule update, rake dist OK.
>>
>> The point is I don't get any html files in test/unit! I also tried to
>> download the tarball but I didn't have any more luck, neither I did
>> browsing the web tree.
>>
>> As Tobie suggested I tried to rake test and all I got is a persistent
>> "Started tests in Chrome" line with no cpu workload at all
>>
>> I've got a just-installed ruby 1.8.6 - 26 and a just-installed git

Thank you for this. Tested Chrome. Got 3 failures in Chrome (all in
dom_test - 2 in testViewportDimensions and 1 in
testViewportScrollOffsets)

0 assertions, 2 failures, 0 errors
Failure: NOTE: YOU MUST ALLOW JAVASCRIPT TO RESIZE YOUR WINDOW FOR
THIS TEST TO PASS
expected: <1314>, actual: <1264>
Failure: NOTE: YOU MUST ALLOW JAVASCRIPT TO RESIZE YOUR WINDOW FOR
THIS TEST TO PASS
expected: <903>, actual: <853>

and

2 assertions, 1 failures, 0 errors
Failure: NOTE: YOU MUST ALLOW JAVASCRIPT TO RESIZE YOUR WINDOW FOR
THESE TESTS TO PASS
expected: <25>, actual: <0>

And 2 failures in IE related to (selector_test - both in testSelectorWithEmpty).

0 assertions, 2 failures, 0 errors
Failure: #level1 *:empty
expected: <[<span id="level3_1">, <span id="level3_2">, <div
id="level2_3">]>, actual: <[<span id="level3_1">, <span
id="level3_2">, <em id="level_only_child">, <div id="level2_3">]>
Failure: newlines count as content!
expected: <[]>, actual: <[<em id="level_only_child">]>

Tested using 6c38d84

--
-----
Richard Quadling