That's a pretty good workaround I guess. I had a little confusion
implementing it because I used a "handle" for the draggable, but
"observe"d the click on the draggable element, which had the left
style, so I got pretty confused for a while. These sorts of events are
challenging to debug even in Firebug due to their nature. Another
problem is if it is clicked, but never actually dragged, I will have
changed the style from % to px units, and never have a chance to go
back (if using the onEnd to clean up), so later resizings still don't
have the benefit of percentage styling.

I've searched for the line of code that is assuming px units instead
of respecting the % specification, but couldn't tell if it was in
Position.cumulativeOffset or where exactly. It might be in
Position.relativize or Elements.Methods.relativize. I still consider
this a bug, to just go off and parse the number without respecting the
units. Is there a way to log a bug?

Do you know if there is an event to watch for window resizing, where I
might be able to clean up any clicked-but-un-dragged px conversions
before things get mis-shapen? Percentage styles are too good a
technique to have to avoid when using draggables/sortables.

Thanks,
--Jay