On 27 Mrz., 14:18, Jay <hooligan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> I've seen this question asked a couple of times with no response so I
> thought I'd ask.
> When I am using the Autocompleter and I don't want the listbox to have
> a default selection... should I be writing my own updateElement method
> and overriding the existing one?  or should I be doing something with
> the afterupdateelement method?  or should I not even be attempting
> this type of thing?

Hello Jay,

as far as I can tell, updateElement() occurs when the user selects an
entry, so that appears to be too late.
An idea I am having right now: How about trying to use onComplete?
The request should have finished, so the values should be there to be
changed. Only question is how to get to the returned values ...