On Apr 3, 4:27 am, "Miguel Beltran R." <yourpa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi list
>

> I want three thing
> 1: have a window with a table filled with many options and descriptions:  OK
> 2: fill hide1 field when field1 value has enter manually: OK
> 3: fill hide1 field when field1 value has change using code js: FAIL

Unfortunately, the events (onclick etc) are all specified in the HTML
specification to react to user-land only, not to changes from script.

I can see three possibilities for you:
1. Make your code that sets the field also call the handler itself.
(Probably a bad idea, but workable)
2. Set a timed observer, as Maarten suggests. (Seems an awfully big
cost)
3. I have never tried it, but I would think that you could define a
Prototype custom event [1], fire it from your setting code and observe
for it as well as for click.

[1] http://www.prototypejs.org/api/element/fire

Colin