On Apr 3, 10:51 am, "T.J. Crowder" <t...@crowdersoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Event#preventDefault isn't a Prototype function, it's a standard
> one:http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-DOM-Level-3-Events-20010823/events.html
>
> Prototype does provide emulation of it on browsers that don't provide
> it natively, though.
>
> HTH,
> --
> T.J. Crowder
> tj / crowder software / com
> Independent Software Engineer, consulting services available

and so, an answer to your more general question is that several
Objects in Prototype are extensions of native Javascript Objects, and
so their API is a composite of the Client-side Javascript API and the
Prototype API. It is unfortunate that AFAIK there is nowhere that you
can look them both up together.

Hmmm ... I wonder if a table on the wiki, that contained all the
attributes and methods of Prototype objects and linked to their
definitions in whichever API would be useful ...

Colin