Hi,

> Also new Element(id,{}); does not work on IE 6..

Yes, it does.  Note that where you have "id" you want to put a tag
name, not an ID; this is for creating new elements, and the first
parameter is the tag name of the new element.

What is the specific issue you're having with it?  Is it YUI-related,
or unrelated?  If unrelated, I suggest posting details in a separate
thread; completely unrelated questions in the same thread tends not to
work.  If YUI-related, I'd post the details here.

HTH,