Starting with 1.6.1 RC2, I discovered that using Element#readAttribute
with an attribute name of "store" causes IE7 to return a function
instead of null when the property doesn't exist:

 function() {
      var a = update([this], arguments);
      return __method.apply(null, a);
    }

This didn't happen in Firefox or IE8, only IE7.

Can anyone confirm this?  Testing for null on this attribute was
unpredictable across browsers.  My solution was to not use the
attribute name "store".

Is this a bug?