Hi,

> I remember such warnings from previous version too.
>
> I just test it with version 1.6.0.2 and get a lots of warnings too.

I don't get them at all with 1.6.0.3 using FF3 and the latest Firebug.

But regardless of the warnings, the 1.6.1 RC2 version of stopObserving
definitely has a regression on that line:

4593:    if (!responders) return;

That should be:

4593:    if (!responders) return element;

I'd suggest raising a ticket in Lighthouse[1] for this (after first
checking to make sure there isn't already one there), and for any
others you find where a function is returning something other than
what the docs say.  Note (again) that it's perfectly valid to issue a
return statement without a value sometimes, if what you're returning
is meant to be undefined ("return;" and "return undefined;" are
exactly the same thing).  But in this case, stopObserving is meant to
return the element.

[1] https://prototype.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8886-prototype