Hi all,
  I'm working on an AJAX message paging controller and I'm having some
issues.  Here is a link to my code.   I'm using FF 3 and the latest
stable prototype and scriptaculous.

http://www.pastie.org/452029

Issues

1. The appear effect on lines 245 and 300 do not work as I intend them
to.  After I insert the element into it's parent div, it appears, then
the effect is applied.  From a user perspective, insert causes the
element to briefly flash, then disappear and slowly fade in.  Since
I've tried both .hide and setting display:none in style, I'm not sure
what else I can do.

2. On line 463, I would like to remove the element from the DOM after
the user clicks delete.  However, I delete the element before the
effect is applied.  Is there a way I can bind an instance method to
the effect so it's called after the effect has completed?

Thanks,
Todd