What are you sending to PHP's json_encode?  It is expecting a
structure to serialize into a JSON syntax string.

$struct = array("message" => "<h1>Hello World</h1>Who says we can't
have any kind of \"quotes\" we want?");

echo json_encode($struct);

If you try to run json_encode on your already JSONified string, yeah
its going to cause problems...

--

http://positionabsolute.net