Hi Karl,

There is a lot of Chrome-compatibility stuff in 1.6.1 RC2 [1] (and, of
course, in the trunk version in git).  If you're using 1.6.0.3, there
are some issues.  Last I heard, essentially all of the unit tests
passed in Chrome on the trunk version.

[1]
http://www.prototypejs.org/2009/3/27/prototype-1-6-1-rc2-ie8-compatibility-element-storage-and-bug-fixes

HTH,