At 06:27 -0700 2/5/09, Jimmy Brake wrote:
>Looking for recommendations for a good way to have tip / help boxes
>where ever I need them on forms.
>
>Example: <div help="Please put your name in the little box.">Enter
>Your Name:</div> <input type="text" name="name">
>
>If you moused over the div tag the help message would appear and if
>you moved off the div the message would disappear.  I would assume
>there would be something already pre-built for this task...

No need for prototype, scriptaculous, or even JavaScript:

Enter Your Name: <input type="text" name="name" title="Please put
your name in the little box.">

... though what you should /really/ be doing is:

<label for="namefield">Enter Your Name:</label> <input id="namefield"
type="text" name="name" title="Please put your name in the little
box." />

Mind you, it strikes me that if you have a label saying 'Enter Your
Name' the tooltip is entirely superfluous!

--
Cheers... Chris
Highway 57 Web Development -- http://highway57.co.uk/

Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.
    -- Frank Zappa