Are these DIVs contained by a parent? Or have you (can you) apply a
single unique class to them? If so, you can treat them as an
enumerable collection using the "double dollar" or select functions.

$$('div.someclass')...
$('parentdiv').select('div')...

Both of those return an array of extended objects which you can plug
right in to Matt's snippet.

Walter