Hi,

No problem. :-)  I'm not quite sure what the question really is,
though.  If you're just getting started with this stuff, I'd recommend
reading through the Tips and Tutorials page[1] on the Prototype
website, reading through the API[2] from beginning to end (only takes
a couple of hours, and it saves you lots of time afterward), and
probably check out the various articles on the unofficial wiki[3].
(Hmmm...  You know, the unofficial wiki could use a "Starting from
scratch" page.  No time to do it today or probably even this week,
though.)

[1] http://prototypejs.org/learn
[2] http://prototypejs.org/api
[3] http://proto-scripty.wikidot.com/