When I'm populating a select element from the results of an Ajax call
I'm having trouble using the Element constructor.

If I create the element like this:

 var oOption = new Element('option', {'text':tag[i].firstChild.data});

It works in IE7 but not in Firefox3.  If I create it like this:

 var oOption = new Element('option').update(tag[i].firstChild.data);

It works in Firefox3 but not in IE7.  This code, not using Prototype,
works in both:

 var oOption = document.createElement('OPTION');
 oOption.text = tag[i].firstChild.data;

By 'works' I mean the appropriate option element is added to the
select box when I use the standard .add() method:

 try { //DOM standard
  selWKTYP.add(oOption, null);
 }
 catch(ex) { //IE only