today ,when i want to bind some event to a button,i  add the
prototype1.6.0.2 to my project and use then function of $
(xx).observe , and it works for me .

    but the question is that ,in my project need some vbscript to do
with the data grid showing to the end user in the jsp file, and in the
vbscript ,it listening the onmousemove and use the key-word
window.event.srcElement to get something .

    however when i add the prototype to this jsp page , the web browser
(IE) always tell me that something wrong with the
"window.event.srcElement", i think it is that the object
"window.event" has no  attribute of "srcElement".

   and i replace prototype with jquery , it's ok.

   why?