Hi,

I can think of two approaches off-hand:

1. Use Enumerable#include on the array of classes you want to test
against, using Element#hasClassName as the iterator function (bound to
the instance), e.g.:

    var test = ['foo', 'bar', 'foob'];
    if (test.any(element.hasClassName.bind(element))) {
        // ...
    }

or

    if (['foo', 'bar', 'foob'].any(element.hasClassName.bind
(element))) {
        // ...
    }

(You don't need to use $A() around array literals.)

2. Use $w on the class name to get an array of the individual class
names, then use Enumerable#any on that, passing in Enumerable#include
on the array you want to test against as the #any iterator.  Something
like this:

    var test = ['foo', 'bar', 'foob'];
    if ($w(element.className).any(test.include.bind(test))) {
        log("true");
    }

(Both of those bits of code are untested.)

But if this is going to be happening a lot (a tight loop, or a
mouseover handler, etc.), check the runtime cost of each of these by
going under the covers.

FWIW,