I'm trying to modify Ajax.InPlaceEditor, so that it uses checkboxes
instead of a text field. Right now what I'm doing is something like
this:

new Ajax.InPlaceEditor( '{id}_products', 'http://localhost/index.php/
admin/save',
    {
        onFormCustomization:function (form, value)
        {
            value.innerHTML = product_string;

where product_string is something like this:

<input type="checkbox" name="value" value="1"/>
durable
<input type="checkbox" name="value" value="1"/>
consumable

everything looks fine when i click on the field to edit, but I'm
checking the POST variable that it returns in php, and im not getting
any info on the check boxes

i'm thinking i have to add a callback function for the
Ajax.InPlaceEditor that will return information on these checkboxes,
but im not sure

any ideas?