I bought "Practical Prototype and Script.aculo.us" and I'm going thru
the tutorial on autocompleters.  It is really basic but doesn't work
for some reason.  Wondering if anyone has any suggestions or has used
this before.  You can see looking below that it is loading the
javascript elements.  For some reason it is loading with
"autocomplete: off"  If I change it to on in firebug, it still doesn't
work.  Here is the code for the file:
[code]
        "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd";>
        <head>
                <title>Chapter 12</title>
charset=utf-8" /

                <script src="../javascripts/prototype.js"
type="text/javascript"""></
script>
                <script src="../javascripts/scriptaculous.js" type="text/
javascript"""></script>
                <script type="text/javascript">
                        document.observe('dom:loaded', function() {
                                new Autocompleter.Local('player_name',
'player_suggestions',
                                ['James Polk', 'James Buchanan', 'Franklin
Pierce',
                                'Millard Fillmore', 'Warren Harding', 'Chester
Arthur',
                                'Rutherford Hayes', 'Martin Van Buren']);
                        });
                </script>
        </head>
                <input type="text" name="player_name" id="player_name"
size="30" />
[/code]
When I open it up with firebug, here is what I see:
[img]http://migcfdesign.com/ajax/chapter12/ac.jpg[/img]

Sorry had to edit it, didn't realize FB would copy the entire file
including the JS files.