Hi Mickael,

I just look at the prototype documentation, and did not find any note
about:
> According to the Prototype documentation, you need to declare the
> function and assign it to a global variable:
>
> myFunction = function() {alert('hi');}

Could you please point me out where it is written, I've perhaps miss
something.

Because for me, there is no much difference in JS between:
var myFunction=function(){alert('myFunction');}
and
function myFunction(){alert('myFunction');}
that should return a function named myFunction that in both case could
be called as myFunction().

I think you could define your function the way you want even in an
AJAX call, because it's just handle (in certain case) the call to the
eval() method which will only evaluate the JS code.

For you're exemple, I think that
 var myFunction = function myFunction() {alert('hi');}  just create a
function called myFunction and assign this function to a variable
called myFunction, that result in a function called myFunction() ==> I
think it is redondant.

--
david