Hi Walter,

Thank you so much. You were right on the dot. I used Firebug and found
out that one of the innerHTML child elements I was referencing in my
javascript file did not exist and FF was throwing errors. That was it.
I changed the code and the double clicking is no more and the onUpdate
works like a charm.

Only thing remaining: I wanted the boxes only to hold one word at a
time. The users would have to empty the box before they could replace
it with another word. Do you know if I have to integrate that with the
onUpdate functions?

Thanks again.

terry