Hi again gio,

some explanation on:
Event.observe(window, 'load', function() {
  Event.observe(window,'load',computeTotalForTable('cities'));
})

The first Event.observe register the handler function
function() {
  Event.observe(window,'load',computeTotalForTable('cities'));
}

so when the event is launched, you want to observe another event, but
the computeTotalForTable is automatically executed
because computeTotalForTable('cities') launch the function and return
what retuen the function, instead of computeTotalForTable that return
the function to be launched after the event apear.

hope it'll be more clear :))

--
david