Hi Tobias,
I have only IE6, and it works without crashes, just a different look
than on FF.

The first notice is that prototype / scriptaculous have no problem
with IE 6 / 7 / 8.
So the crash is somewhere else.

To be sure, remove every script tag (inline and external files). Just
reload the page and normally no crash.
Now add one by one each script tag and see which one crash, because
there  is couple of external scripts.

--
david