Hi,

This problem has already been reported and fixed[1], it's just that
the fix isn't in 1.6.0.3.  I assume it must be in 1.6.1 RC2, which is
the "bleeding edge" you can download from the website[2] since it was
fixed six months ago.

[1] https://prototype.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8886-prototype/tickets/397
[2] http://prototypejs.org/download

HTH,