You'll need to have your JS logic that creates the fields also give them unique
ids...
-----Original Message-----
Date: Sunday, June 21, 2009 7:35:26 am
To: "Prototype & script.aculo.us" <prototype-scriptaculous@googlegroups.com>
From: "Stuart" <stuart.ga...@googlemail.com>
Subject: [Proto-Scripty] Need help with getValue

I have a form that has rows of input fields added using javascript by
pressing a button, which means that I have a single form with lots of
items with the same ID.  eg.:

[button to add a new line of input fields]  [button to call a
javascript to save the form]

When the user presses the [save] button, my Javascript works fine for
all my non-repeated fields, but I can't figure out how to get a list
of values for <forename> and <surname>

I guess it shoud be something like:

var my_forenames = $F( 'forname' );
var my_surnames = $F( 'surname' );

....but this just returns the value of the first row.

What SHOULD I be doing?

TIA

Stuart