I'm getting the following error when attempting to run Ajax.Request:

"Permission denied to get property XULElement.accessKey"

function saveLead(form)
{
        var formSerialized = form.serialize(true);
        $('error').style.display = "block";
        var file = 'http://ww.fakeurl.com/fakedir/fakefile.php';
        new Ajax.Request(file, {
                method: 'post',
                parameters: formSerialized,
                onCreate: function() {$("error").innerHTML = "Saving record.";},
                onSuccess: function(response) {
                        var returnXML = response.responseXML;
                        var message = returnXML.getElementsByTagName("message")
[0].childNodes[0].nodeValue;
                        var success = returnXML.getElementsByTagName("success")
[0].childNodes[0].nodeValue;
                        var id =
returnXML.getElementsByTagName("id")[0].childNodes
[0].nodeValue;
                        $("error").innerHTML = message;
                        if (success == "false") {
                                $("error").style.color = "#CC0000"
                        } else {
                                $("error").style.color = "#006633"
                        }
                },
                onFailure: function() {
                        $("error").innerHTML = "Save failed. Please contact
support for
further assistance.";

It handles the onCreate fine but I think it bombs out on the onSuccess
function. onFailure never gets executed.
The file it is being submitted to is not on the same server or domain
as the file that is doing the submitting. I'm thinking maybe firefox
does not allow this type of scripting but I don't know. I absolutely
have to be able to script across servers in this manner.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.