eval ( in  PHP ) evaluates any code you pass into it as a variable or
string....

I am now very confused into the question you are asking
----- Original Message -----
From: "Robaj" <robrass...@gmail.com>
To: "Prototype & script.aculo.us" <prototype-scriptaculous@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 2:07 PM
Subject: [Proto-Scripty] Re: php in files

Ok I got the gist of it, you can't do what I wanted to do, interact
with php through ajax after the page has loaded. Yes I know it can get
strings and data from the server side code, but only if that content
is html.

eval doesn't work with files loaded after the page is loaded.
and
file_get_contents() is realy no different to what I was doing with an
fread().

Ajax-php looks a great mix at first. But actually it isn't mixed at
all really.

When someone launches into your web site you can have any amount of
php preprocessing.
Then once loaded you enter a world where only ajax-javascript-html
exist, ok you can reload the page to update the page in the way it was
always done, but ajax plays no part in that. I can't help wondering
why no one has taken a next step.