Hi,

I'm not seeing that behavior in any browser I tried, I always got the
expected string.  I tried IE7, FF3, Opera 9, Safari 3 for Windows, and
Chrome 2.  (Didn't trot out my IE6 and IE8 VMS.)

Are you sure the problem isn't what you _do_ with the string?  Perhaps
if you pick up with Step #3 from here:
http://proto-scripty.wikidot.com/faq#xyzprob
...we can help you figure it out.

FWIW,