Hi,

> When I apply the Draggable to the parent Div the draggable features
> are bubbling through to  the childnodes. Is there a way to stop this
> happening.

It sounds like you want the parent div to be dragged by grabbing a
handle (I'm guessing the top div within it?), rather than anywhere in
the div.  There's a "handle" parameter[1] for that.

[1] http://wiki.github.com/madrobby/scriptaculous/draggable

> Also the cross mouseover does not appear when I onhover over the
> parent div

Does scripty do that for you?  I didn't think it did, I thought you
had to provide the CSS for it, e.g., "cursor: move" (or whichever you
like) either in a class you apply where appropriate or an inline
style.

HTH,