Hi, I am quite new to rails and can't use any rjs-templates.
The problem is, that he can't use/find the methods in that template
e.g. 'page' or 'replace_html'. I get an error message on these
methods.

Here's what I got so far in my example:

Controller:
----
class AjaxTestController < ApplicationController
  layout 'application', :except => :say_hello

  def index
  end

  def say_hello
    @message = "Hello World"
    respond_to do |format|
      format.js
    end
  end

end
----

Layout
----
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd";>

<head>
<title>Ajax</title>
  <%= javascript_include_tag :defaults %>
</head>
  <%= yield %>
----

index.html.erb
----
<h1>Helloworld#index</h1>

<%= link_to_remote "Click",
     :url => {:action => "say_hello"} %>

----

say_hello.rjs
---
page.replace_html 'message', @message
page.visual_effect(:highlight, 'message', :duration => 0.5)
---

its quite simple but does not work anyway. I don't guess why it
behaves like this. If I use the controller for that ajax request,
everything is ok...it's just that template thing i can't fix. Anyone
got an idea where the problem might be?