Hi,

Yes, it will, removing an element (via Prototype or directly with
Node.removeChild) removes that element and its children.  Which is
just as well, as the children would have no where to be otherwise.

Note that neither Prototype nor the underlying DOM methods will
automatically remove event handlers from the removed elements, which
can mean that memory remains in use even though the element isn't on
the page anymore.  You want to track what children you have event
handlers on and remove the handlers as well.  This is much easier if
you're using event delegation to keep the number of handlers to a
minimum.

HTH,