Hello All,

I want to use the Ajax.Autocompleter class together with
getSelectionId in order to use the li ID of the chosen selection to
initiate further javascript actions. Anyway I would need to transfer
additional variables to the getSelectionId function. But as soon as I
try to send more variables to it, it does not work anymore:

This is more or less how it works (taken from the documentation):

new Ajax.Autocompleter('autocomplete_field', 'autocomplete_choices', '/
some/script', {
  paramName: 'searchterm',
  minChars: 5,
  indicator: 'status_field',
  afterUpdateElement : getSelectionId
});

function getSelectionId(text,li) {
    alert (li.id + ' ' + 'ticketID');
}

And this is what I planned to do:

var parameter1 = 'something';
var parameter2 = 'blabla';
var parameter3 = 'anotherthing';

new Ajax.Autocompleter('autocomplete_field', 'autocomplete_choices', '/
some/script', {
  paramName: 'searchterm',
  minChars: 5,
  indicator: 'status_field',
  afterUpdateElement : getSelectionId
(text,li,parameter1,parameter2,parameter3)
});

function getSelectionId(text,li,parameter1,parameter2,parameter3) {
    alert (li.id + ' ' + 'ticketID');
}

But this does not work. How can I send additional parameters to the
getSelectionId function?
Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
Benedikt