Oh my god my english was terrible in my post, sorry about that.
I'll try to explain the problem again:
On my php page I have a link a long way down the page, so users have
to scroll down a bit. the link triggers an ajax.update on the page.
When users press the link the browser returns to the top of the page.
How do I restore the browser position to where the link is? (So the
scroller position remains unchanged when calling ajax update)