As far as I know Scriptaculous do not support this out of the box.
I could think of 2 possible solutions:
 - Use ghost option, and on drop just clone this element and
positioned it on the drop point ( and if you want to drag&drop it
again the clone must become new draggable element)
 - Second option is a little more difficult to make. Create your
element then on "mousedown" event clone it with clone ( +
clonePosition ), Make it draggable element and fire the drag event for
the draggable

I really hope that I was able to explain my self, and you find this
usefull